A few months ago, I asked our Adult minister at our church if we offered any summer bible studies...I wanted to do some kind of short study this summer but wasn't sure what. Anyway, she replied that normally, we do not offer any summer studies due to not enough interest but if I wanted to lead one, then sure, we could offer something. Me - lead a bible study? That is totally out of character for me...Anyway, I guess I took this as a way for God to get me out of my box ~ out of my comfort zone. For a while, I didn't think it would take off since not very many folks had signed up. Well - God sure had something else in mind. We have over 30 ladies in our study this summer (and over 20 more in a different study!!) - we are doing Beth Moore's "Stepping Up" - we just started this week and I am super excited about it! If you have ever done a Beth Moore study, you know that you really don't have to "lead" - just facilitate. I figure with over 30 women, surely there will be several who will talk!
I guess it is easy to not step out on a limb, to stay in your comfort zone. It sure is easier for me to just be in a study rather than lead one. But one thing I am learning is that the Lord desperately wants us to grow - to step out of our box. Be in prayer for me and our group this summer - I can't wait to see what God has in store!
2 comments:
Jennifer -
I am so pround of you! I have been thinking about you leading this study since we talked about it. God sure does have a sense of humor at times and he knows just how to lure you in! Love, Love, Love Beth Moore - I can't wait to hear about it. You are on my prayer list!
Jennifer -
I am SO EXCITED that you are leading our bible study.... it is incredible so far and I can't wait to be enriched more and more each and every day! Thanks for stepping out of your comfort zone!
Post a Comment